About Me sections of webpages are always hard to do. They are either stuffy and written in the third person, or in a 1st person narrative, all ramble-y AF.
I’m not going to convince you of why you should be interested in my blog or brag about what I have to share. Look around, find out for yourself.
I have no degrees of education making me an expert, I am not a best selling author of a book. I’m just a chick from Canada…with 42 years of living under my belt. Some people call me mom, some one calls me wife. I am a trained and experienced Developmental Support Worker and an ADHD Coach for the last 5 years.
I live in the country, I eat LCHF/Keto and have for the last 4 years. Most recently I have been experimenting with a zero carb diet to optimize my health. I have many food and environmental allergies ( including assholes. I’m most allergic to those.)
I HAD type 2 Diabetes 4 years ago…but I reversed that..yep…I no longer have a metabolic illness that doctors think is a slow nagging death sentence with no cure. I’m not unique in that either,BTW. MANY people I follow on social media have done the same. ANYONE can reverse their T2D with nutritional changes!
Here are some things about me in no particular order:
- I am in perimenopause. Which means I’ve reached a point in my life that I don’t have patience for BS. I’ve dealt with my fair share…I’m done.
- I am a geek in that I love reading about science-y and medical stuff like biochemistry and nutrition.
- I’m not religious, but I am quietly spiritual…for a jaded person. Buddhism and my celtic ancestry influence my daily living most. Yes, I’m blunt, but I’m blessed. The dirty mouth part of me is the Irish in me, the stubborn part of me is the Scottish in me.
- I have a pre-teen boy and a teen-age girl in my house, along with 3 cats and a dog…oh, and my husband of 19 years.
- I own back yard chickens and I love eating their eggs..as many a 6 a day!
- I suck at gardening, but I try to do it anyway for the zen of it.
- I have ADHD and Dyslexia, so spelling errors and grammar are not my strong suit. So, If your a grammar Nazi…this probably isn’t a blog for you to read. (Yes, the misspelling of you’re was intentional as a test.) I write like I speak…so have little worry I’d ever win a book deal.
- I am a Jaded Optimist…which I write about here and will let you get to know me better.
- I’m a singer and a visual artist…So, sometimes I get paid poorly to do stuff I love dearly.
- I’m living proof that happiness cannot be bought, but needs to be sought daily, no matter what’s in your wallet.
I hope you’ll stay a bit and have a look around, leave me a note, share things you love with others and sign up for my Sunday Happy Notes. Then come find me on social media and say hi. I love meeting new people.
I like Twitter and Instagram, you can fine me there as @alifeungrained
Let’s get to know each other.